Poland, Brazil lead the way after halfway point in Men's VNL
Poland and Brazil remain at the top of the standings after each registered three wins over the weekend and remain on one defeat each. And France, who have already secured their berth as hosts of the finals in Lille, 4-8 July, also won thrice and remain in close pursuit of the leaders.
Iran's Saman Faezi got in a tournament-high seven blocks in three sets against China.
Here's the highlights of Week 3:
• Poland's three wins over Italy, Japan and Bulgaria.
• Brazil's three wins over Russia, Iran and China.
• France's three wins over Korea, Argentina and Serbia.
• USA's shock defeat to Germany, which saw the Americans drop to fourth place.
• Poland's tournament-high 15 team blocks in a single match against Italy.
• Saman Faezi's tournament-high 7 blocks in a single match for Iran against China - in three sets, no less.
Jan Zimmermann and libero Julian Zenger celebrate Germany's stunning win over USA.
Quick links: FIVB Volleyball Nations League
25/09/2018Coaches agree: The best teams are in the World Championship Final Six
24/09/2018Draw maps out third round of Men's World Championship
23/09/2018Russia, Poland complete World Championship final six line-up
22/09/2018USA, Brazil, Serbia, Italy snatch spots in World Championship final six
21/09/2018Thrilling five-setters in Varna highlight start of World Championship’s second round
21/09/2018Schedule set for Round 2 of Men's World Championship as fans expect new thrills
20/09/20182018-2019 FIVB Beach Volleyball Calendar outlines beginning of journey to Tokyo Olympics
19/09/2018FIVB President joins Bulgarian Minister of Youth and Sports as the FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Championship heats up