Women's VNL down to the wire as pool play wraps up
Brazil need one win (or three points in total) over the last week of pool play at the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Nations League to make the finals.
Table leaders USA and hosts China are already in the Final Six, 27 June to 1 July in Nanjing, regardless of this week's results, but the remaining four berths are up for grabs.
These are the pools for this week:
• Pool 17 in Stuttgart: Germany, Netherlands, Turkey, China.
• Pool 18 in Walbrzych: Poland, Russia, Dominican Republic, Japan.
• Pool 19 in Eboli: Italy, Belgium, Brazil, Thailand.
• Pool 20 in Sante Fe: Argentina, Korea, Serbia, USA.
Check out the full schedule of Week 5 here.
And here's what to watch out for Week 5:
• Turkey and the Netherlands go head-to-head on Tuesday in Stuttgart in the most deciding match for a ticket to Nanjing. It's the first encounter between the two sides since coach Giovanni switched sides, moving from the Netherlands to Turkey.
• Can reigning European champions Serbia secure the three-point win they need this week in their first game against reiginign world champions USA, or will they have to try again in Santa Fe against their next opponents, Argentina and Korea?
• Can Italy overtake any one of four non-qualified teams already above them in the table by scoring three wins for full points against Thailand, Belgium and Brazil?
Quick links: FIVB Volleyball Nations League
18/12/2018FIVB.com gets dedicated Snow Volleyball section as Rules of the Game are published
17/12/2018Meppelink and Keizer lead Dutch teams at Dela Beach Open
17/12/2018On the record: 2018 Women's Volleyball in numbers
14/12/2018Medical Commission focuses on volleyball’s anti-doping programme for 2019
13/12/2018Preparations for Tokyo 2020 discussed at Rules of the Game and Refereeing Commission
13/12/2018Appetite for hosting elite FIVB events greater than ever in China
12/12/2018Klineman and Ross back to defend Hague gold
12/12/2018A year to remember: 2018 men's volleyball in numbers