Women's VNL down to the wire as pool play wraps up
Brazil need one win (or three points in total) over the last week of pool play at the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Nations League to make the finals.
Table leaders USA and hosts China are already in the Final Six, 27 June to 1 July in Nanjing, regardless of this week's results, but the remaining four berths are up for grabs.
These are the pools for this week:
• Pool 17 in Stuttgart: Germany, Netherlands, Turkey, China.
• Pool 18 in Walbrzych: Poland, Russia, Dominican Republic, Japan.
• Pool 19 in Eboli: Italy, Belgium, Brazil, Thailand.
• Pool 20 in Sante Fe: Argentina, Korea, Serbia, USA.
Check out the full schedule of Week 5 here.
And here's what to watch out for Week 5:
• Turkey and the Netherlands go head-to-head on Tuesday in Stuttgart in the most deciding match for a ticket to Nanjing. It's the first encounter between the two sides since coach Giovanni switched sides, moving from the Netherlands to Turkey.
• Can reigning European champions Serbia secure the three-point win they need this week in their first game against reiginign world champions USA, or will they have to try again in Santa Fe against their next opponents, Argentina and Korea?
• Can Italy overtake any one of four non-qualified teams already above them in the table by scoring three wins for full points against Thailand, Belgium and Brazil?
Quick links: FIVB Volleyball Nations League
24/06/2018Vigrass caps off Canadian campaign with winning effort
24/06/2018Bieniek leads Poland to win over Australia and place in finals
24/06/2018Lima stars as Argentina stun Brazil to end on a high
23/06/2018Zaytsev delivers when it matters as Italy keep their Final 6 hopes alive
23/06/2018Russia’s captain Dmitry Volkov drives his side to top of the standings
23/06/2018Kazemi serves up something special for home crowd
23/06/2018Baxpohler helps Germany crush Korea
23/06/2018Magnificent Maar helps end Canada's slump