Last stop on Road to Tokyo 2020 all set up
Ranked seventh in the world, Canada will play to claim one of the last ten tickets to the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games up for grabs in January at the men's and women's continental qualifiers.
One team each from the five men's and five women's continental tournaments will emerge in January to complete the roster of participants in the ultimate global sporting event.
- Africa (January 5-9 in Yaounde, Cameroon): Botswana, Cameroon, Egypt, Kenya, Nigeria.
- Europe (January 7-12 in Apeldoorn, Netherlands): Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Turkey.
- Asia (January 7-12 in Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand): Australia, Indonesia, Iran, Chinese Taipei, Kazakhstan, Korea, Thailand.
- South America (January 7-9 in Bogota, Colombia): Argentina, Colombia, Peru, Venezuela.
- NORCECA (January 10-12 in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic): Canada, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Puerto Rico.
- Europe (January 5-10 in Berlin, Germany): Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Netherlands, Slovenia, Serbia.
- Africa (January 6-12 in Cairo, Egypt): Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Ghana, Tunisia.
- Asia (January 7-12 in Jiangmen, China): Australia, China, Chinese Taipei, India, Iran, Kazakhstan, Korea, Qatar.
- South America (January 10-12 in Santiago, Chile): Chile, Colombia, Peru, Venezuela.
- NORCECA (January 10-12 in Vancouver, Canada): Canada, Cuba, Mexico, Puerto Rico.
The winners of the January tournaments will join the men's teams of Brazil, USA, Italy, Poland, Russia and Argentina, and the women's teams of Serbia, China, USA, Brazil, Russia and Italy to complete the 12-team lineup of Tokyo 2020.
These advanced through intercontinental Tokyo Volleyball Qualification tournaments last August.
Japan, as hosts, had already been guaranteed tickets for their men's and women's teams by default.
The Olympic volleyball tournaments at Tokyo 2020 will begin with men's pool play on July 25, one day after the Opening Ceremony, and culminate with the women's final August 9, just prior to the Closing Ceremony.
All matches will be played at the newly constructed Ariake Arena in the Japanese capital.
Men's Tokyo Volleyball Qualification – Final results and standings
Serbia, Italy complete Tokyo 2020 puzzle
Quick links - Volleyball:
03/04/2020Full match replays - Get the weekend programme
02/04/2020Hill aiming for glorious end to international career
01/04/2020Athletes working from home and a dog plays volleyball
31/03/2020Playing and singing Team Slaes, aka Claes and Sponcil
30/03/2020Player of the Week: Yuji Nishida
30/03/2020FIVB confirms further changes to its events calendars
29/03/2020Sarah Pavan on a whirlwind few days, nurturing relationships and women’s beach volleyball
29/03/2020This week in World Tour history - March 29-April 4