Poland in first training camp
Poland, here with their bronze medal at the 2019 FIVB Volleyball Nations League, are starting up again, ahead of the 2021 season.
The group will gather on June 1 for a fortnight of training at the Central Sport Centre - Olympic Preparation Centre in the city of Spala.
All participants, including players and staff, will be tested for COVID-19 ahead of the training camp, the Polish Federation stressed.
● Outside hitters: Bartosz Bednorz, Tomasz Fornal, Michal Kubiak, Bartosz Kwolek, Wilfredo Leon, Artur Szalpuk, Aleksander Sliwka.
● Middle blockerz: Mateusz Bieniek. Karol Klos, Jakub Kochanowski, Piotr Nowakowski.
● Setters: Fabian Drzyzga, Marcin Komenda, Grzegorz Lomacz.
● Opposites: Dawid Konarski, Bartosz Kurek, Maciej Muzaj.
● Liberos: Damian Wojtaszek, Pawel Zatorski.
The reigning world champions are gearing up for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games which will be held next year, as well as the 2021 FIVB Volleyball Nations League.
A second training session is scheduled for June 29 to July 11, with the Polish Federations trying to find solutions for friendly games as restrictions begin to ease in various countries.
Quick links - Volleyball:
27/05/2020Patience the key as Lupo prepares return to action
27/05/2020Live with Lauren Carlini: Watch all five sessions
26/05/2020FIVB launches Athletes’ Relief Support fund
25/05/2020Player of the Week: Simone Giannelli
24/05/2020Team of the Week: Tri Bourne and Trevor Crabb
24/05/2020This week on YouTube: Lang Ping guides China at 2015 World Cup
24/05/2020Reckermann & 26 golds highlight May 24-30 in World Tour history
23/05/2020Watch World Championship match replays on YouTube